quarta-feira, 8 de junho de 2011

Present Continuous

  • Estrutura do tempo verbal
Verbo to be no presente (am/ are / is) + verbo principal acompanhado de ING

I am working = Eu estou trabalhando
I = sujeito
am = verbo to be no presente simples
working = verbo principal acompanhado de ING
  • Regras ortográficas para o acréscimo de ING
Caso o verbo termine com a letra E, esta deve ser retirada, para que se acrescente ING.
HAVE - HAVING
MAKE - MAKING
RIDE - RIDING

Caso o verbo termine em C.V.C. (Consoante, Vogal, Consoante), dobra-se a última letra do verbo e acrescenta-se ING.
GET UP = GETTING UP
STOP = STOPPING
PUT = PUTTING
SHOP = SHOPPING

Affirmative form:

I'm speaking now.
He's brushing his teeth.
She's combing her hair.

Negative form:

I'm not having breakfast.
You aren't making the bed.
She isn't having dinner.

Interrogative form:

Are you doing the homework?
Are you studying?
Are you having lunch?

EXERCISE

Choose the correct alternative.
Escolha a alternativa correta.

Julia: Sam, what are you do / doing now?
Sam: Hey, Julia! I am / is studying for a test. And you?
Julia: I am useing / using the computer.
Sam: I / They am studying hard because I want to pass the test.

Answers:
DOING - AM - USING - I

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário