domingo, 23 de agosto de 2020

VERB TO BE (SER/ESTAR) - PART 1

 VERB TO BE - SER / ESTAR


My name is Robert.

I'm 12 years old.

I'm not American.

My favorite color is yellow.

My favorite sports are soccer and basketball.

Justin Bieber is from Canada.
(He is from Canada)

Anitta is from Brazil.
(She is from Brazil)

Kiko is a cat.
(It is a cat)

Anitta and Xuxa are from Brazil.
(They are from Brazil)



Affirmative - AM / IS / ARE

I am (I'm) - Eu sou / Eu estou
You are (You're) - Você é / Você está
He is (He's) - Ele é / está
She is (She's) - Ela é / está
It is (It's) - Ele/Ela/Isso é /está
We are (We're) - Nós somos / estamos
You are (You're) - Vocês são / estão
They are (They're) - Eles são / estão


Negative - TO BE + NOT

I am not (I'm not) - Eu não sou / não estou
You are not (You're not / You aren't) - Você não é / não está
He is not (He's not / He isn't) - Ele não é / não está
She is not (She's not / She isn't) - Ela não é / não está
It is not (It's not / It isn't) - Ele/Ela/Isso não é / não está
We are not (We're not / We aren't) - Nós não somos / não estamos
You are not (You're not / You aren't) - Vocês não são / não estão
They are not (They're not / They aren't) - Eles não são / não estão

I'm tired but I'm not hungry.

Nicholas isn't from Australia. He's from Canada.

Anne isn't American. She's Canadian.

Exercise

Write full sentences. Use am / am not / are / aren't / is / isn't

Model:
(my brother / a doctor) - My brother is a doctor.
(my brother / not a teacher) - My brother isn't a teacher.

1) (I / from Brazil) ___________________________________
2) (Oprah / not / Brazilian) ____________________________
3) (Oprah Winfrey and Michelle Obama / from the USA) ____________________

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário